Abortion, voluntary or involuntary, carries risks to a pregnant woman. These effects have to be seriously considered irrespective of the means used to eliminate the pregnancy. Medical abortions are safer since the doctors ensure they carry out the procedure safely. Natural abortions on the other hand, if not carefully handled can be hazardous. Health and abortion should be considered concurrently when deciding ideal method to use.
Complications of abortions on health
- High dosages of herbs can have adverse effects on a woman procuring an abortion. Herbs can be toxic if taken in plenty, which is the case of natural abortion.
- During medical abortion, medical practitioners ensure all foreign tissue is removed. However, in natural abortion, the tissues are expected to expel naturally. Unfortunately, this doesn’t happen sometimes. A medical intervention may be needed.
- A woman who has a medical condition should not opt for natural abortion. If this is not considered, abortion may negatively affect a woman’s health and life.
- Cinnamon can induce allergic reactions. It is therefore important to consider this reaction before choosing this method of natural abortion
- Cohosh is can be lethal if taken in high dosage. One can be very ill as it is highly toxic
- Bloating is another side effect that may be experienced during the natural abortion method. It is an uncomfortable feeling that should be expected when choosing the procedure.
After natural abortion, it is important that medical help is sort to ensure that all went well and no health complications arise from the abortion. Health and abortion are connected and should be considered before a decision is made.
Pregnancy affects a woman’s health from the onset. The body undergoes many changes, not just physically, but emotionally as well. These changes affect the health of a pregnant woman and depending on how she intends to progress with the pregnancy, the effect to her health can be positive or negative. Either way, it is important that one’s health is priority in all decisions made regarding the pregnancy. Choice of abortion method should not only be the safest, but the one that least affects one’s health.